EstateVue Mobile VersionPosted on June 22, 2012
Your EstateVue website already loads fine on Mobile browsers, but sometimes it can be a lot of information on such a small screen. That’s why we’ve created EstateVue Mobile Version and made it available to you at no cost.
If you have a WeBuild or YouBuild website, you can enable EstateVue Mobile Version for free. When enabled, the simple, condensed “Mobile” version of your site will appear when users visit you on the iPhone or other mobile device. If they’re not using a mobile device, the regular website will still be displayed.
Here’s how to enable the special Mobile version:
- Log into your website management with your username and password (contact us if you can’t remember your login)
- Click “Tools” from the menu at the top.
- Click “CMS Configuration” tab
- Turn on “Enable mobile site”, then click Save
QR CodesPosted on May 28, 2012
You may want to use a QR code in your promotional materials to direct people to your website, or to a particular listing. Here’s how:
The first step is to find the URL of the page you want. A URL is an address that points to a page on the internet. For example, the URL for EstateVue’s website is http://www.estatevue.com
If your website is bettysuehomes.com, your URL would be http://www.bettysuehomes.com. Usually you can find the URL of any website simply by visiting it, and looking in the address of your browser. You can copy that URL and use it later to create a QR code.
To create the actual code, we recommend this free service: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
Just paste your URL where they ask for it, then click Generate. Then you can Right-click > Save As… (or Command-click for Mac users) on the code to save it to your computer for use on your business cards or other print materials.
What About QR Codes for My Listings?
For EstateVue SEARCH or Custom build websites, you can simply visit the listing details page and copy its URL from the address bar as described above.
If you have a WeBuild (template) website solution, here’s how to find the URL for a particular listing:
- Log into your website management with your username and password
- Hover over “Listings” from the top menu and click “Manage Featured Listings”
- Next to each of your featured listings is a row of small icons on the right. Click the icon that looks like a little chain link. This will take you directly to the listing page.
- From here, you can copy the URL from the address bar. The URL will look something like this:
- Put the URL in this free QR code generator to get your code: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
Adding a ListingPosted on June 9, 2011
This guide only applies if your site doesn’t have automated listings enabled (yet). If you need to add a listing to your site, follow these steps:
- Begin by logging into your Estatevue admin with your username and password.
- Click “Listings” from the top menu to get to the Manage Featured Listings page.
- Click the “Add/New” button to open an empty listing template. All the possible listing information is organized into tabs on the left.
- Fill in the basic details of the listing under “General Information”, then click “Save and Continue”. Then you can add the rest of the listing details/photos/etc using the tabs on the left.
- When you’re finished, click “Save”.
Please keep in mind that listings added in this way will not be automated in the future. If your office gains access to automated listings, please ask EstateVue to replace your listing with a fully automated version.
Creating a Custom Listing StatusPosted on February 21, 2011
You may want to advertise a listing with a special status. For example, maybe instead of using the “New Price” status, you’d prefer your listing to show as “Reduced”. EstateVue lets you create new status tags for listings. Here’s how:
Begin by logging into your EstateVue Control Panel with your username and password, then click “Tools” from the top menu.
- Click the “Listing Status” tab on the left
- Click “Add” to put a new status on the list
- Click in its label box (or any label you want to edit) to type in the new status
- You can click the [ - ] next to any status to delete it
- Click Update to finish your changes
Now you’ll be able to choose your new status when editing a listing’s details, and that status will show via a banner across the listing in many of our listings widgets.View The Full Article
Embedding VideoPosted on January 18, 2011
You can use an “External Widget” to place videos from Youtube or Vimeo (for example), or other external media on your page. Here’s how:
- The first step is to obtain the “embed code” for your video or other media. This is what tells your webpage how to display your video. Youtube provides the embed code on the same page as they display your video. Simply click the “Embed” button beneath the video, choose a size from the options provided then copy the code that appears. Important: check the “Use old embed code” box to ensure the video displays properly on your site.
- Log into EstateVue with your username and password, and click “Preview Site” to get to your homepage. Then go to the page where you want to embed the video.
- Click “Add Element”, then click the “General Widgets” tab and choose “External Widget”, then click add.
- A box will appear asking you to insert the link. Click and paste in the embed code from step 1. Click Save.
You can use this method to embed any element from another webpage, as long as they provide the proper code.View The Full Article
Managing TestimonialsPosted on January 14, 2011
EstateVue has a special system for managing and displaying your testimonials. Here’s how to use it:
Adding / Editing Testimonials
The first step is to build a library of your testimonials. You can enter them in the control panel. Begin by logging into EstateVue with your username and password.
- Hover over “Pages” and choose “Testimonials”
- Click “Add / New” to create one, or edit an existing testimonial by clicking its name.
- You can publish or hide a testimonial by clicking the icon in the “Publish” column, or delete it by clicking its checkbox and then clicking “Remove”
The testimonials you entered above will show up anywhere on your site where you add a Testimonials Widget (which shows a preview), and in full on the special Testimonials page.
To add the widget to a page:
- Click the “Add Element” bar where you want the widget to appear.
- Click the “General Widgets” tab and choose “Testimonials Widget” (you may have to scroll down), then click “add”.
- You may need to refresh the page if the widget doesn’t appear properly right away.
Anyone can click “Read More” from your Testimonials Widget to see the main Testimonials page. To put this main page directly on your menu:
- Click “Read More” from the widget to get to the main page.
- Copy the URL from your browser’s address bar (it will look something like “http://v2.estatevue.com/platform/yourcity/yourname/testimonial”)
- Click “Manage Navigation” from the bottom menu. This will allow you to edit your menu.
- Click “Add Link”, give the page a name in the “label” field, and paste the URL you copied from step 3 into the URL field (make sure you clear the field first so the “http://” isn’t written twice)
- You can drag the page into the position you want, then click “Save”